Product Manager, Terraform Ecosystem
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Terraform is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud infrastructure as code product with hundreds of thousands of active, engaged users in its open source community. It has over a hundred providers ranging from AWS and Azure to GitHub, Datadog, and Kubernetes. Terraform can codify and automate any cloud or service that has an API. This role is dedicated to expanding the Terraform ecosystem by continuing to increase the number of providers and also pursuing other creative distribution channels. This role sits at the convergence of business strategy, partnership strategy, and product strategy.
In this role, you will work with Terraform practitioners, technology partners, and cloud partners to understand their needs and advance the Terraform ecosystem. You will drive Terraform's ecosystem strategy and manage the product lifecycle for Terraform's providers. This role is for strategic thinkers who also understand the need for process and prioritization on high demand open source projects. You will set the ecosystem strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering and marketing. You will work closely with the Terraform ecosystem engineering team to continuously expand the Terraform provider ecosystem and support the health of existing providers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Write detailed prioritization and process plans to help our teams maintain focus while improving our providers
- Write detailed ecosystem strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Terraform practitioners, ecosystem partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners
- Keep sales and marketing teams updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc.)
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Lead sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with partnership efforts
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.