HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Terraform Enterprise is HashiCorp’s effective, reusable, and safe infrastructure provisioning automation service. It is available as a SaaS or private install and provides collaboration and governance capabilities. Underneath the hood it’s a set of shifting services that provide these capabilities while being flexible enough to run as a SaaS and be packaged into an on-premise product easily
In this role, you will define and prioritize the work for services needed to power the product. You will form a strategy and story of where the product needs to go in regards to the services that power Terraform Enterprise. This includes understanding the customer value behind version control systems, notification integrations, billing systems, and a host of critical systems that run terraform remotely. You will work with customers as well as our own engineering teams to fully understand the problems faced by both when building services for Terraform Enterprise.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product strategy by diving into the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Write detailed prioritization and process plans to help our teams maintain focus and build the right things for customers.
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Terraform practitioners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners
- Define the product roadmap and strategy
- Enable the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with internal services or tools teams
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.