Vice President, Product
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software. We're looking for a VP of Product who is excited about building the next generation of infrastructure company.
As the VP of Product at HashiCorp, you are at the core of our business and product strategy. You will build a world-class product organization to manage our portfolio of products — Terraform, Vagrant, Packer, Vault, Consul, Nomad. You will align people and systems to deliver on a shared product vision that drives our business goals.
We're looking for a thoughtful, technical leader who can scale as HashiCorp scales. Our first principle to product management is "curation, not creation". We don't want product managers to create a roadmap in a vacuum. We take a listening-first approach by reaching out to stakeholders and curating their feedback into a roadmap. An empathetic, learning-oriented leader will thrive in this environment.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Treat the product organization itself like a product. Build hiring, onboarding, and professional development programs for a world-class product organization.
- Curate the product vision by understanding the market landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles. Engage with internal stakeholders, key customers, and community members to drive roadmap
- Present the product vision and roadmap to strategic customers and at internal events like sales kickoff
- Review and approve the roadmaps submitted by Directors of Product for Vault, Consul, Nomad, and Terraform
- Mentor product managers and give feedback on their work — user research, Product Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement, roadmaps
- Partner with the engineering team to deliver on roadmap
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of product management experience with infrastructure products
- 5+ years of two levels of management hierarchy
- 5+ years of experience with SaaS or cloud products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirement Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distill complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.