Manager, Support Engineering - Terraform
Manager, Support Engineering - Terraform
Location: US Remote
HashiCorp is seeking a Manager, Support Engineering to join the Terraform Support Engineering team. This strategic role will be based in the US region working remotely and report to the Associate Director, Support Engineering - Terraform. In this role the Manager, Support Engineering will work hand in hand with the Terraform Support Engineering Team Lead to manage incident escalations from our enterprise customers and track and report issues found by our enterprise customers.
This position will also help with the management of the Terraform Support Engineering team, the Terraform Support Engineering team is responsible for handling all customer reported issues, and following these issues through resolution, ensuring the customer is satisfied and has a stable system working within the SLA of the ticket placed.
Oversee Customer Support Issues
- Track and document customer support issues
- Guarantee all customer support issues meet the documented SLA
- Report all escalated incidents, making sure the correct feedback makes it to the correct teams within HashiCorp
- Manage customer escalations from your direct reports, and follow a methodical escalation process
Recruit, mentor, and inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates and future employees
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback as needed
- Weekly 1:1 with direct reports
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
Drive alignment with Customer Success
- Work with our Customer Success team to guarantee all VIP customers are being handled with care
- Give feedback to Technical Account Managers (TAM) regarding any customers experiencing issues which might need TAM attention.
- Work with Customer Success during sales cycle, and guarantee hand-off occur easily, making sure that Support Engineering is fully prepared for new and large customers requiring special needs.
Own and manage key metrics for your team
- Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Current Support Load
- Customer Satisfaction
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to Assoc. Director, Support Engineering
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Success, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous process improvements – support engineering tools, process, on-call rotations, team structure, etc.
- 10+ years relevant experience in Support Engineering, Customer Success, or Customer Satisfaction. Technology start-up experience a plus
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team of Support Engineers
- Experience in enterprise software release and support processes
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Ability to provide expert guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault is a plus
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Travel as needed
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team. HashiCorp is a series D start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and also helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.