Software Engineer, Reliability - Nomad
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
You will join the Nomad team as a software engineer to focus on reliability and test infrastructure. Nomad is a performant, distributed cluster orchestrator that supports heterogeneous workloads including containerized applications, VMs, batch processing, and machine learning frameworks. Jet.com, CircleCI, PagerDuty, SeatGeek, and many other large organizations run Nomad in production today. Our customers run Nomad on tens of thousands of nodes, and rely on our tools to operate their own infrastructure and software.
You will be a key part of the Nomad engineering team day-to-day and participate in our delivery and workflow. You will help improve the product experience for our users by ensuring we develop pragmatic and automated testing solutions as part of the development and release process. This role will have an impact on both the open source and enterprise experiences by integrating tight feedback loops and improving quality and consistency to the product that contributes to the overall success of Nomad.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy. This role reports to the Manager, Engineering role.
As a software engineer, you can expect to:
- Work with the Nomad team to identify high value testing opportunities
- Propose, build, and train the team on automated testing frameworks, replacing or building on top of current testing solutions
- Have a voice in the roadmap and all prioritized work
- Improve the feedback for both open source contributor and internal code contributions
- Advocate and help build systems for performance testing Nomad
- Help Software Engineers identify testing opportunities in our design and development process by advocating for a culture of quality
- Help drive the right quality metrics and risk assessment for releases
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You enjoy thinking about reliability when running large scale distributed systems
- You are passionate about writing software to improve the reliability of the product’s code base
- You enjoy proactively identifying issues before they impact our customers.
- You love seeing how you can automate scaling to save money and headaches
- You have experience with one or more test automation frameworks
- You have an understanding of performance testing
- You are comfortable writing Go unit and integration tests
- You are comfortable integrating automated testing into CI/CD pipelines
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts, ecosystem, and tooling (prior experience with Vault, Consul or Nomad is a big plus!)
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp with the Nomad team, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-XX1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.