Engineering Manager, Systems
This role is for an Engineering Manager on one of the Vault, Nomad, or Consul teams at HashiCorp. Each of these teams works on both open source and enterprise version of each tool, programming primarily in Go with a focus on stability, reliability, performance, and security. Our infrastructure tools are used in critical environments and operated by a range of organizations and individuals to solve infrastructure management problems.
This is an engineering management role focused on managing part of an engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the products. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance. Our teams work can be viewed on GitHub in the core products (for Vault, Nomad, or Consul) or in libraries our teams depend on, like raft, memberlist, and go-plugin.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering our products to a fast-growing customer and user base
- Work directly with the open source community and HashiCorp customers to improve the product
- Hire and grow a team in a fast-growing organization
- Ensure high reliability of the product through thoughtful testing and release practices
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’ve managed or supported engineers on small or large teams
- You have experience working with distributed software
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- You’ve worked with engineers utilizing, or worked with, low-level programming languages
- You have a passion for the Unix philosophy, and small, concise tools
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway! If you are interested in working on a specific tool or product, please note it in your cover letter. Candidates participate with hiring managers in team selection to ensure the right fit.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.