Product Education Engineer
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
This is a remote role.
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an expert in Consul (including Consul Enterprise) and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
Consul is a distributed service mesh to connect, secure, and configure services across any runtime platform and public or private cloud. It is primarily operated in code and on the command line. Consul is one of the most popular infrastructure projects on GitHub and sees over 1 million downloads each month. Consul Enterprise builds on those features for global organizations operating mission-critical systems at scale. For this role you should be comfortable working with code and the command line.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about devops, microservices, security, teaching, and education — both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role you can expect to:
- Create instructor-led training materials for all experience levels to be delivered in-person at HashiCorp conferences.
- Deliver in-person trainings at HashiCorp conferences for class of up to 50 students.
- Create hands-on lab exercises and interactive experiences to help practitioners become confident with Consul.
- Create slides and diagrams to explain the concepts around using Consul.
- Write recommended and best practice guides for using Consul in production.
- Curate educational resources created by other HashiCorp staff and the open source community.
- Write clear, step-by-step guides for specific Consul use cases.
- Convert existing code samples to work on multiple cloud providers and for mixed workloads.
- Collaborate with other education engineers, sales engineers, product management, engineering, and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- In your cover letter or resumé, describe how you’ve worked with microservices, DNS, proxies, or any distributed system deployment. Include a link to a sample of your writing or conference presentation, on any technical topic - a sample is strongly encouraged.
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process and is required to be successful.
- Previous experience with Consul, production experience is not required.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web services on the cloud is required.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience operating and maintaining Consul in a production environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with graphic design or visual explanations in preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
HashiCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.