Sr. Customer Reference Program Manager
HashiCorp is a multi-cloud infrastructure automation company that is building our Customer Reference function from the ground up. We are looking for an amazing communicator who knows how to work with customers (small and large) to help them become eager public advocates for HashiCorp and our products. You will create a program to work with our customers as part of our sales and marketing efforts, while working closely with many stakeholders in the process, both internal to HashiCorp and in the customers’ organizations. The goal is to extend the company’s public profile by highlighting the success that our commercial customers and open source users are having in Global 2000 organizations using multi-cloud infrastructure automation software to enable their digital transformation.
- Find and encourage HashiCorp users and customers to tell their multi-cloud story, while highlighting how HashiCorp products helped along the way.
- Build and run a customer reference program for HashiCorp, enabling our target audiences to understand the impact that our software has as it is used in notable customer environments.
- Work closely with Product Marketing and Sales teams to find, write up, secure approval, and deliver customer reference materials and assets.
- Build customer relationships to have a set of enthusiastic customers to draw upon for Corporate Communications and broader company needs, including for logos on our web and marketing properties, press and analyst interviews, and formal and informal case studies and summaries.
- Provide and/or manage editorial, writing, and video needs to support customer story creation with assistance from the creative services team.
- Orchestrate the needed internal components, buy-in, and experts to ensure successful roll-out of customer reference information happens effectively.
- Help identify, assist, and advocate for customer speakers at HashiCorp events such as HashiConf US and HashiConf EU, as well as third-party industry events.
- Find new and inventive ways to partner with our customers for mutual visibility and benefit.
- Ownership of customer review and survey tools/platforms such as Gartner PeerInsights, TechValidate, G2 Crowd, etc.
- Weaving customers and their spokespeople into high-visibility company brand campaigns.
Skills You’ll Need
- 5-7 years of customer reference program experience
- Excellent writing skills for multiple communications mediums to share customer success stories and garner visibility and attention for our customers: including blogs, case studies, video interviews, press/analyst pitches, press releases, internal win summaries, tweets, and other social posts.
- Customer-facing relationship skills for technical and business contacts, as well as with customers’ legal, marketing, and executive owners, with a track record of reference story results.
- An understanding of and experience with open source business models and the related marketing nuances across paying customers and open source users
- The ability to find and tell a compelling customer story in all communication channels
- Strong skills at understanding your target audiences (practitioners, technical decision makers, and higher-level business executives) and translating a customer’s story into something that is appealing and effective at the appropriate level
- Work with executives and our sales team on telling our customer stories in context of our company and products, in both technical and non-technical ways
- Experience managing external writing resources
- Skills at working collaboratively with media, industry influencers, and analysts for customer story placement
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.