Product Manager - GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role
As the Product Manager for Governance, Risk, and Compliance, you will drive HashiCorp’s GRC strategy to increase enterprise adoption and revenue from key industry verticals like the Federal Government. You will work cross functionally across all the different HashiCorp product lines as well as the security team to drive GRC requirements, and do so in a manner that’s consistent with the HashiCorp product ethos, yet meets the needs of the highly regulated markets and customer segments that will be your unique focus.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the GRC needs of key market segments, and how they pertain to the different individual HashiCorp products. You will help shape the product strategy for all HashiCorp products, as well as the emerging HashiCorp Cloud strategy, based on your insights into the needs of these customers, and the regulatory frameworks they operate within. You are familiar with regulatory and technology compliance programs like FedRamp, FISMA, FIPS, SSAE16 SOC, PCI, HIPAA, and the like, and what it means to be compliant with these programs for both cloud and on-prem products.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles. Engage with key customers and community members to drive roadmap
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from practitioners and enterprise users in highly regulated markets, partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into clear requirements for engineering
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of product management experience specifically focused on GRC
- Understanding of compliance programs like FedRamp, FISMA, FIPS, SOC, PCI, HIPAA etc.
- Experience with SaaS infrastructure products
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- Experience with deep product design collaboration preferred but not required
- Eligibility to obtain USG security clearance preferred but not required
Attributes we look for in successful Product Managers:
- Humility and learning mindset
- Information seeking
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- BS/BA degree required
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirements Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distill complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.