Sr. Manager, Customer Success
Sr. Manager, Customer Success Location: Remote - Dallas/Ft.Worth Metro
HashiCorp is a fast-growing start-up headquartered in San Francisco that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure, so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these.
HashiCorp is seeking a Senior Manager to build and lead a team of Technical Account Managers (TAMs). This team is responsible for the end-to-end relationship with our enterprise customers, works in a high-performance, reciprocal team environment to drive customer satisfaction by providing lifecycle management for a portfolio of HashiCorp customers.
The Senior Manager will work closely with our Sr. Director, Customer Success and will play a critical role in defining the company's customer success methodology. The ideal candidate will have a successful background in customer facing roles, project management with multiple simultaneous projects, be focused, outgoing, and professional with a technology background. The candidate will also be extremely organized, excellent with deadlines, and passionate about becoming a subject matter authority in the HashiCorp product suite.
Customer Lifecycle Management
- Manage and be responsible for the end-to-end post sales customer lifecycle – including on-boarding, expansion phase, and renewals
- Provide technical leadership for customer on-boarding projects at large Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail and other industry verticals
- Drive customer success via high touch and low touch methods (automation tools)
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) for enterprise customers
- Drive successful renewals with low churn and work with sales operations to execute renewals. Weekly tracking of churn risk.
- On-board customers
- Ability to provide guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and DevOps processes
- Craft seamless on-boarding processes for our customers by working cross-functionally with Support, Services and Sales Engineering teams
- Have project management experience
- Project liaison support for managing product deliveries into customers
- Conduct regular requirements gathering reviews and project reviews
Recruit, mentor, and inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates and future employees
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback as needed
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
Drive alignment with Sales Organization
- Outline Customer Success involvement during sales cycle, and where hand-off occurs
- Align with Sales on up-sell opportunities and Renewals
- Align with Sales on QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews)
Own and manage key metrics for your team
- Engagement productivity
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to Director, Customer Success
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Support, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous Process Improvements – implementation methodology, delivery, CS tools, journey management
- 15+ years Technical Account Management, Sales Engineering, Customer Support or equivalent experience - practitioners are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 5+ years of Management experience
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Ability to provide expert guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault is a plus
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Travel as needed - up to 20%
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience. MS/MBA preferred.
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series D startup headquartered in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.