Software Engineer - Cloud Services Backend
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, Canada, UK, Germany or The Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
The Cloud Services team is a newly created organization working towards delivering our software as a Cloud service. This effort will enable a distribution model wherein customers can use a fully managed service with an API contract.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for operations management
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work with various Cloud partners
- You are familiar with micro-services architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.