Global Payroll Manager
Position must be based in SF.
HashiCorp provides a software suite for users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application. Customers trust our Product Suite to help them accelerate their adoption of cloud and DevOps.
We are seeking a Global Payroll Manager, to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization in San Francisco, CA. We have employees in over 30 US States, and over 10 foreign countries. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has an excellent core knowledge of US payroll, with multiple states, and international payroll and is eager to contribute their expertise to a fast growing company.
A successful candidate thrives in a high growth and high energy company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the daily responsibilities of a senior payroll specialist and provide mentorship
- Oversee and perform daily payroll department operations for worldwide payroll
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately
- Identify and improve payroll processes
- Manage new State payroll tax registrations and collaborate with tax team on payroll tax issues
- Review and post payroll journal entries into the accounting system
- Prepare month end flux analysis for payroll related accounts
- Review and reconcile payroll transmission to general ledger
- Prepare, reconcile, and review payroll account balances
- Understand proper taxation of employee and employer benefits and deductions
- Review and process sales commission payments
- Communicate with HR to obtain the necessary information to process payroll
- Respond to employees and internal teams when there are payroll inquiries
- Manage ad hoc projects related to payroll and HR
- We are expanding to other countries! This role will be involved in setting up payroll in foreign countries with the help of local accountants
- System implementation experience
- 7+ years of managing / processing multi-state payroll
- 2+ years of experience managing worldwide payroll processing
- Experience with a company 3000+ employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related concentration
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State payroll withholdings
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to respond to payroll inquiries with professionalism, kindness and empathy.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite and GSuite
- Experience in Workday, a plus
- Netsuite, a plus
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.