User Experience Researcher
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR) at HashiCorp, in addition to influencing our products, you'll have a unique opportunity to help define what our research program at HashiCorp looks like as we partner with other teams performing research across our company. In this role, through your dedication to understanding our users needs and behaviours, you will empower teams across Design, Product Management, and Engineering to conduct high quality research and to deliver the best user experience possible. In order to have the greatest impact, you will aid and support those teams ability to engage with users directly.
Our Product Design team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. A lot of our work is remote and asynchronous, requiring refined writing and communication skills as well as the ability to parse written documentation. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.In this role, you can expect to:
- Help everyone at HashiCorp focus on user needs
- Work closely with product teams to identify meaningful research questions
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights, delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings, that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Tell a compelling story with data and provide a high level summary with actionable insights
- Document the process by which findings were acquired in terms of participants (e.g., background information and recruitment method), methods (e.g. semi-structured interviews) and analysis
- Work with teams to identify suggestions and next steps based on research that are documented as part of reporting
- Partner with design, product management, engineering, and other technical roles to conduct and share research in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Be a leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who use our products
- BA, BS, or MS in Psychology, HCI, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience doing research in consumer / enterprise software
- A grasp of mixed methods or mastery of a dedicated approach including: knowledge of qualitative and user-centered research methods and analysis (e.g., interviews, surveys, ethnography, co-design, concept-testing, heuristic evaluations etc.) as well as quantitative research methods and analysis (e.g., parametric and non-parametric statistics, cluster analysis, conjoint analysis, data modeling, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Experience building and operating comprehensive research projects; screening and recruiting participants; scheduling; data collection; documented analysis and organization of that data; report writing and presentations.
- Experience working in a highly technical space and more specifically with DevOps Engineers
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a remote setting
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Apply for this Job
Did we miss something?
Do you believe you'd be a great fit for this role, but the description above doesn't quite match your skills or experience? We'd still like to hear from you.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the latest news and product updates.