Announcing Terraform Cloud Business Tier with Armon Dadgar
Aug 13, 2020
Watch HashiCorp co-founder and CTO Armon Dadgar announce the latest addition to Terraform Cloud: the new Business tier.
- Armon DadgarCo-founder and CTO, HashiCorp
- Kyle RuddyTechnical Product Marketing for Terraform, HashiCorp
Over the past several years, hundreds of the world’s largest companies have relied upon Terraform Enterprise to automate the provisioning, compliance, and management of their infrastructure. As more and more workloads have shifted into public clouds, customer expectations have also shifted, and organizations increasingly want enterprise-class features without the need to host and operate Terraform Enterprise themselves.
HashiCorp offers Terraform Cloud as a service and it has provided the best way for practitioners and teams to securely store the state of their infrastructure, remotely apply changes, and collaborate with others in a way that ensures consistency. Terraform Cloud has added more than 5,000 new users per month since the initial release in 2019, with over 500,000 runs executed monthly, and we continue to see growing demand for Terraform Cloud from organizations that want to consume infrastructure as a managed service.
Practitioners, teams, and smaller organizations have been able to take advantage of the existing Free, Team, and Governance offerings to collaborate, automate compliance processes, and ensure the consistent application of best practices via the private module registry. However, large enterprises that operate in more complex and higher scale environments have had additional requirements for Terraform Cloud.
This week we announced the addition of the new Business tier in Terraform Cloud to meet these expanded needs. New capabilities include:
- Enterprise features: Single sign-on (SSO), self-hosted agents to selectively run workers to provision and manage private and on-premises resources, and audit logs to view significant events.
- Job concurrency: The ability to scale multiple concurrent jobs on Terraform to keep up with the demand of end-users creating, updating, and deleting infrastructure.
- Support: Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and support options that fit organizational needs.
Read the full blog introduction here.
0:00 — Introduction to HashiCorp, Terraform, and Terraform Cloud
13:39 — Announcing the Terraform Cloud Business Tier
21:03 — Demo: Terraform Cloud Business Tier
40:54 — Live Q&A