During this event, the community at large will get the opportunity to interact with the HashiCorp Nomad team directly and get any questions answered on functionality, use cases and roadmap. We look forward to opening this new avenue to engage with our community. Check out the recording of our first Nomad Virtual Day here.
In Series 2, we will shift our focus from feature demos to real-world use cases. We will discuss how to effectively scale your infrastructure when user demand fluctuates unexpectedly and go through some examples of developer workflows with Nomad.
- 9:30 - 9:55 BetterHelp customer presentation
- BetterHelp is the world’s largest online therapy company and connects over 100,000 clients to over 8500 counselors. To date BetterHelp has facilitated over 75 million text, voice, and video sessions. Michael Aldridge will share the journey from 6 servers in a colocation facility to cloud based Nomad and containerizing all of BetterHelp in the process.
- 9:55 - 10:25Cloud bursting made real with Nomad and Consul
- One of the major challenges organizations face when building a private cloud architecture is determining just how much capacity they need to meet fluctuating demand. Cloud bursting offers an ideal solution to this problem. It is a dynamic application deployment model that allows workload to burst from on-premise to the public cloud whenever load spikes with no interruption of services. Erik Veld from HashiCorp will explain how Nomad and Consul together enable cloud bursting without configuration complexity.
- 10:25 - 10:55Developer Workflows with Nomad
- The developer experience is primarily about reducing the friction from idea to code to production, in order to make a real business impact. If you are a developer or an operator who needs to explain how Nomad fits into the development process, this session will walk you through some basic developer workflow with Nomad and explain some of our latest integrations with the CI/CD ecosystem.
- 10:55 - 11:30Q&A
- Meet our Nomad expert virtually and ask us anything live. Here is a group of engineers, solution architects, and real users who are looking forward to helping you with your Nomad questions.